Who misses gluten? Not me!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Thursday!

How are you today? Hopefully, fabulous! I've been gluten-free for about two months now, and admittedly it has had its rough times. Eating out is still tricky, and there are some things I definitely miss. However, the positives WAY out weigh any negatives, and I am still loving how much better I feel. The world of less headaches and no ulcers is one that I like very much! :)

Two things that I thought I would never eat again once I found out I couldn't have gluten came back into my life all in the same night. Pasta and chocolate cake welcome back! Oh how it is good to see you again. No, I didn't fall off the gluten-free wagon, but I did discover two amazing alternatives to regular gluten filled pasta and chocolate cake. Please say hello to my dinner from last night. Spaghetti with mushrooms and red sauce accompanied by a salad explosion! Talk about delicious.



I made this pasta using a quinoa noodle alternative. It was absolutely delicious and you could hardly tell it wasn't regular old pasta. Definitely a winner in my book.


Ok, so I cheated with the pasta, but I bet you're wondering how I managed to make fresh chocolate cake without regular flour. Well, that's easy I have a good friend named Kelly, over at Foodie Fiasco, who created a delicious grain free chocolate cake that can be cooked in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. All I did was follower her directions.


Head on over to her blog and check it out. I swapped apple sauce for the pumpkin and added 3 Stevia packets to the mix. The cocoa can be a little bitter, so next time I will probably add one more Stevia packet. All you have to do is mix up all of the ingredients and pour into a microwave safe mug or ramekin.


Kelly said she cooked hers for 3.5 minutes in a low power microwave. My microwave must be related to the hulk, because it only took me 1:45 for it to cook. You can tell it's finished when it starts to peel away from the edges.

It tastes like a decedent chocolate molten cake for less than 70 calories. Yes, you read that right! So, have you gone to visit Kelly yet to try out this recipe? You totally should!

If you are gluten-free what is your favorite indulgent recipe?

What comfort foods do you crave?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.