Sometimes you just have to dance in the rain or lounge by the heater

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Saturday!

How are you today? I'm enjoying a little down time before I head back to my Pilates Apparatus level 2 training that starts at 12:30pm. We were in training from 5pm-9pm last night, go today from 12:30pm-7:00pm, and then tomorrow from 9am-3pm. My brain may be fried by the end of the weekend, but I love it! I get to spend the whole weekend playing on these guys.

Ok, so maybe we won't be doing that today, but someday! (source)

Pilates Chair (source)

It's a dreary rainy day here in the Big D. I saw this quote on Facebook this morning, and it was an amazing reminder that you really have to embrace every day! I will admit that I am an extreme planner. I like to plan out years in advance and often find myself waiting for the next stage in life instead of just embracing the one I am in. When I was in college, I couldn't wait to finish. When I was engaged, I couldn't wait to get married. etc. etc. Although I'm sure that's fairly normal, I always try to remind myself to just enjoy the present and what is right in front of me even if it's not exactly my ideal situation.


However, if there is a storm, like today, we can always take after Champ and lounge lazily in front of the space heater all day long! I'm pretty sure he thinks this is even more fun than dancing in the rain! :)


He absolutely loves this thing. As soon as we turn it on, he goes straight for it and doesn't move until we turn it off. It's hilarious!

I have two new gluten free food finds I am loving right now! As you know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE yogurt, but it's hard to find gluten free yogurt without a ton of sugar and calories. Allow me to introduce you to Chobani Champions. I'm pretty sure they were made to appeal to kids, but hey, I'm a kid at heart. These guys only have 100 calories, 8 grams of protein, and 11 grams of sugar. Some of the other brands I tried had anywhere between 16 and 22 grams of sugar. :(


I'm a huge fan of crackers, especially with my chili and soup so Nut-Thins are a must in my shopping cart. They are crunchy, delicious, and just a tad salty. Another bonus, a serving size includes 16 crackers for only 130 calories. Now that is a real serving size! No tricks here!


So I may have focused in on champ instead of the crackers which explains why they are blurry. Sorry, I couldn't help it. He's just so cute! :)

I'm off to do a little studying before I head back to class. I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!!

What are you doing this weekend?

What are two food items you couldn't live without?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.