New Year's Resolutions Who?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Howdy There!

How are you this evening? Did you have a nice Valentine's day? We had a pretty low-key and relaxing Valentine's day. We ate dinner, cuddled with Champ, and E ate tons of cake batter cookies! It was wonderful!

We are officially in the 7th week of 2012! Can you believe that? This is about the time that the gym crowd starts to thin out, the line at fast food restaurants start to pick up, and QVC goes back to selling makeup and sweaters instead of workout programs. How is your motivation holding up?

Just because it's February and maybe you haven't thought about your New Year's Resolutions since the second or third week of January, doesn't mean all is lost! Working out and eating healthy is a lifestyle and not something that only happens at the beginning of every year. We all get off track from time to time. That's just life. The successful people are the ones that know what it takes to get themselves back on track! :)

That's what I'm talking about. Let's be lifers!

If your motivation to exercise has been less than steller lately, give one of these tips a try!

1) Find a workout buddy and make a standing date with each other at least once a week. You probably hang out with your best friend at least once a week already right? So why not go for a walk instead of meeting for fro-yo. Ok who am I kidding, walk to fro-yo so you can have your yogurt and eat it too!

Tosca Reno (52) & Jamie Eason (35) are wonderful examples of strong women
 who have made working out a lifestyle! (source)

2) Try a new group exercise class to spice things up. May I suggest Booty Barre, Zumba, Piloxing, or a Pilates reformer class? Let the instructor and other participants be your motivation to kick serious but!

3) Join a running group. I don't know about you, but running by myself in the cold winter months is not always my idea of a great time. Joining others on social runs, can make 5:30am much more appealing.

4) Try out some new recipes to spice up your healthy eating routine. I am definitely a creature of habit, and sometimes I need to be reminded to spice things up for my own sake. My new favorite recipe is Citrus Quinoa Veggie Salad.



5) Pick a  race to train for and mark it on your calendar. Write it in marker, and find a training plan that fits your timeline. When you have a big goal in mind, your workouts take on a new purpose.

6) Make an inspiration board, or move the one you already made to a new spot so you see it every day. Here is mine for this year!


7) Treat yourself to a new workout outfit. If you love your new top or pants you'll want to hit the gym just for an excuse to wear them! I just bought this little beauty, and the camo makes me feel like a beast (in the best possible way) every time I wear it. The back is by far the cutest part!

source
8) Promise yourself that after 2 weeks of working out consistently or eating clean you will treat yourself to a pedicure or spa service of your choice. That's motivation enough for me right there! :)

9) Give yourself a pep talk. You may not have checked off all of the boxes on your to-do list for 2012 just yet, but as long as you are trying your hardest that is all that matters!


Repeat after me: I am strong, smart, beautiful, and powerful and I can do anything I set my mind to!


You are amazing and can do amazing things! Now go face week 7 of 2012 with your head held high and your tennis shoes laced tight! February here you come! :)

What are you going to do this week to work towards your goals?

How do you stay motivated?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.