For the LOVE of Aerobics!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Happy Friday Loves!

How are you doing today? It's Friday, so hopefully pretty fantastic! :) I have a new (well not so new) love in my life, and it's called the barre. I just began teaching barre classes on a regular basis, and I am totally in love. This workout whips your body into shape like nothing else and it's totally addicting. Barre workouts are called by a bunch of different names such as Pure Barre, Barre Method, Physique 57, The Booty Barre, and many more. They all have similar principles and lift your seat, tone your thighs and tighten your core.

source

Check out those beautiful legs! I taught a barre class yesterday and had a blast. I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow. I also taught a Dance Cardio Party class. That class always fun!

Yesterday's dinner went a little something like this. Grilled pork chops, green beans, and a delicious salad. :) It was easy and delicious. I don't know what I would do without my George Foreman.


Today I received an email from my old boss with a link to one of the best YouTube videos I have seen in a long time! It was a clip of the 1988 Crystal Light National Aerobics Championships. The aerobics instructors in 1988 had it going on! Unfortunately, the one she sent me was blocked from sharing, but have no fear I found an equally amazing one. Fast forward to 1:00 to get right to the good stuff. Watch and prepare to be amazed!



One question: Why don't we dress like that any more? Oh wait I do sometimes!

This is a picture of my friend Gretchen and I in my boss' old workout outfits. I pretty much came up with every excuse possible to bust these guys out! :) I love them!!

Have you ever taken a barre class?

What did you think?

Do you miss the 80's? I think I missed my era!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.