Teriyaki Chicken and Flag Football

Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope you all are having a great start to your week! This weekend was busy but fun! Since I officially took my last final of my graduate school career last night, I have more time this week to experiment in the kitchen.

I was in the mood for some Asian inspired food last night, and since we were going to be at a flag football tournament all day long, the crock pot was the perfect way to save some time. I made crock pot teriyaki chicken for the first time, and it turned out pretty well. All you do is pour a small bottle of teriyaki sauce over your chicken breast and cook them on low in the crock pot for 8-10 hours. Well, that is what the direction said, but I only cooked mine for 7 hours and they were very done. I mean like borderline too done! They still tasted great, but I think I will go for 5.5 hours next time.


Have you ever used crock pot liners before? They are pretty much the best invention ever, especially if you have a mammoth of a crock pot like I do. Trying to get that thing in the sink to clean it is a nightmare. With these little gems all you do is pull the liner out and voila a clean crock pot! Talk about a time saver.

I served our teriyaki chicken some stir-fry veggies and brown rice. It was an amazing quick, easy and delicious meal. The brown around the chicken is the sauce not burned spots I promise. :/


Sunday was full of flag football fun. Eric was in a tournament, so we were out there for a few hours. It was a ton of fun, but it was also REALLY COLD!  I probably looked ridiculous with my boots and 3 jackets on. I was so excited because I got my team shirt today, so I can represent my man on the sidelines :)

Front

Back
Pretty cute huh? I was beyond excited! Now, I just have to figure out a way to layer so I can actually wear it without freezing! Alrighty, I'm off. I hope you all have a marvelous Monday!

What is your favorite crock pot recipe?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.