Sinks, Salads, and Pilates

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hello All!

How was your Wednesday? Is everyone back at work, or do you have this week off? Yesterday was my first day back at work but E has the entire week off. Although I'm a tad bit jealous, he is putting his time off to good use doing things like this...


Yep, that's our sink in my manly husbands hands and my lazy dog watching as he carries it away. Hahaha. E is using his time off to do a little bathroom renovation. Luckily, my amazing father-in-law came up to help with the install. We could not have done it without him. The bathroom is still a work in progress, but I will be sure to post pictures as soon as it is finished! :) I'm predicting good things from the three George boys (Champ is supervising)!

Yesterday started out bright and early with a 6am cardio strength class followed by 30 minutes on the step mill. I also taught a hip hop and yogalates class at lunch back-to-back. For my morning snack, I chomped on a blueberry muffin Larabar. Can you say delicious!! I also tried out a Cashew cookie Larabar this afternoon. What can I say, it was a Larabar kind of day. Teaching three classes plus adding in some quality time on the stair mill calls for wholesome fueling. :)


Lunch today was a delicious salad filed with romaine lettuce, avocado, carrots, mushrooms, black beans, and flaxseed. After a holiday weekend filled with holiday food, veggies were definitely in order!


It was so fresh and so clean clean! Does anyone remember that song besides me? I'm totally a dork. When I got home from work today, there was a package waiting for me on the doorstep. My Pilates manuals finally arrived! Yay!!!


I completed my pilates mat certification a little over 2 years ago, and have been teaching mat pilates ever since. Now that I am finished with graduate school, I thought it would be the perfect time to continue my pilates education. In January, I will take my Level 1 (of 3) Pilates Apparatus Certification where I will learn how to teach using the Pilates Chair, Trapeze Table, and Pilates Barrel. Don't know what the heck I'm talking about, check it out!

Pilates Chair source

Cadillac source

Pilates Barrel source
I will also be taking 3 Pilates Reformer Certifications. The Pilates Reformer is probably my all time favorite piece of workout equipment. I currently take Reformer classes two or three times a week, and truly believe it is one of the most effective workouts out there. Here is what the bad boy looks like.

Reformer source

After I take all 6 certifications, I can take my final exam to become a fully certified Balanced Body Pilates instructor. If you want to see a pilates session in action, check out the youtube video below. This video shows a Balanced Body Instructor leading a student through a series of exercises on the reformer.



If you can't tell, I am super excited about completing these certifications. Even though I am finished with "school," I absolutely love learning about health and fitness and can't wait to expand my pilates knowledge.

Do you enjoy learning even in non school settings?

If you're off work this week, what are you up to?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.