Great Pals and Great Food

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Howdy Everyone,

I hope you all had a great Monday! Mine was wonderful, sweaty and productive. I taught a barre class at 6:00am, took a pilates reformer class at 9:30am, and taught Piloxing at 12:00pm! Fun, fun and more fun! A friend told me about a website called MyFitnessPal.com where you can track your exercise and food intake. There are a lot of these websites out there, but this one is by far my favorite!You enter in your current weight, height, activity level, and goals, and it helps you track your progress. Here is what my homepage looks like!



The best part about this website is how easy it is to use. I hate the websites that only allow you to choose foods and workouts from their database. If you know the nutritional information for your meal you can simply type it in versus searching through a database. It also allows you to save meals you eat frequently so you don't have to re-enter them every time. Same goes for your exercise. If you have a heart rate monitor, and know how many calories you burned, you can put them right in your log!

My exercise page for Monday!


Here's a glimpse at my food page.
If you are looking to accomplish new fitness goals or bust through a rut, this website can help you do it! I would definitely suggest giving it a try! :)

Dinner last night was Whole Wheat Three Cheese Baked Ziti. I found the recipe at on one of my new favorite blogs "Can You Stay for Dinner?" Check out the full recipe here.


Eric absolutely loves traditional unhealthy fat laden baked ziti, but I did manage to healthify it a bit by using part skim ricotta, skim mozzarella, reduced fat Parmesan, and whole wheat pasta. I really don't think he even noticed it had less than half the fat of the restaurant version.


We ended our Monday evening with a little city league softball. It was quite cold but still fun as always! :)

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Have you ever used an online food and exercise log before? What did you think?

In health,

Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.