Go Long!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hello There!

Happy Saturday everyone. Are you busy busy this Saturday before Christmas? I started my Saturday O' Fun with a 14 mile run. It was pretty chilly but not too windy, so it actually felt perfect! The run was going pretty well until my iPod died with 4 miles left to go. Sometimes I enjoy running without music, but when it's the last 4 miles of a 14 mile run the music really helps to keep you motivated and drown out the yells coming from your joints, and in my case, my glutes which felt like they were on the edge of cramping from mile 11 on. I really shouldn't complain, because it was really an amazing run. The weather was perfect, the lake was beautiful, and I found a new trail that takes you up on top of the dam which was absolutely breathtaking! :) This was also my first time to ever do 14 miles (the longest I've ever run before this is 13.2). In the end, I finished all 14 miles in 2 hours and 10 minutes.



I also beat Garmina by a little over 4 minutes! Yes!! Sometimes I'm way too competitive, but I like it.


By the end of my run, I was STARVING. Those people that say their not hungry right after they workout are crazy. My stomach was growling and ready for something hot and delicious. Say hello to Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal. It was Mighty Tasty! :)


I mixed a 1/4 a cup of Bob's cereal with 1 cup of water, and then microwaved on high for 3 minutes. My mix-ins included 1 tbs of peanut butter, a sliced banana, and 1 packet of stevia. The addition of a warm cup of coffee made the perfect long cold run recovery meal. :)



It might not look that tasty, but trust me it was! Don't let the bland beige fool you! Now that I am refueled and caffeinated, it's time to hit the mall with my awesome friend Kelli. Kelli is one of the most caring and crafty people I know, and I am so lucky to have such an amazing friend! Wish us luck as we tackle the mall at this crazy time of year!

Kelli is the hot one in the white! ;)
Alright guys I hope you all have a great Saturday!

What are you up to today?

What is your favorite post workout meal?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.