Tendonitis and Crumbles!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Howdy There,

Long time no see I know! I miss you guys terribly! This week was a little chaotic for me, as I'm sure it was for many of you. I'm so glad it's Saturday! What are your plans this weekend?

I woke up this morning all ready to do my 9 mile long run and then I tried to stand up. Yowza! My ankle yelled at me pretty ferociously. My left ankle has been bothering me off and on (when I say off and on I mean one hour it's stiff an annoying and the next it's just ok) for the past couple of weeks. I chocked it up to a little stiffness and took some advil so I could keep going. I did a four mile run yesterday morning and it hurt for about the first hour, but then after that it loosened up. So this morning when I woke up to it hurting even worse I thought it was no big deal and that it would loosen up as I moved around. I got dressed, ate my pre-run banna, brushed my teeth, and then tried to put my sock on. When I couldn't point my foot enough to slide my sock on, I knew my run was just not going to happen today. It seems that what I was tricking myself into believing was "a little stiffness" is actually nasty tendonitis. :( I swear my body doesn't love me from the quadriceps down! It looks like advil and rest will be on the agenda for the next couple of days. As anyone else out there suffered from tendonitis in their ankle while training for a race? Any tips?

source

On to more exciting things. I have a new love in the kitchen known as MorningStar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumblers.



These guys are great in quesadillas, spaghetti sauce, tacos and much more.! You can cook them in a skillet or pop them in the microwave. They are perfect for those of us who usually make a meat version of dinner and a veggie version. These crumbles allow me to cook a meat free version of all of E's favorites in a snap (for me of course, not E). They are definitely going to be a staple in my freezer from now on!

Since I am going to be sidelined from running for a few days, this is the perfect time to work on my yoga practice. I don't know about you, but my hips could always use a little bit more attention, so I am loving this series lately. If you are reading this on a hand held device and cannot see the video, click here.



Alrighty guys, I'm off. I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Have you ever suffered from tendonitis? Any tips?

Have you tried any of MorningStar Farms products? Any favorites?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.