Powerhouse Weekend!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Monday!!

I hope you all had an absolutely amazing weekend! Mine was definitely fun, busy, sweaty and exciting! Sounds pretty perfect, right?

On Friday night, I curled up with my two favorite men......Harry and Jason. Of course I am talking about my Harry Potter book and a salad from Jason's Deli's salad bar. What did you think I meant? :) Eric was at a friend's lake house so I chillaxed at home. It was much needed after a crazy week.

On Saturday, the fun began!! I went to a Zumba certification and shook my little tushy off! I've been teaching dance format classes for years but just never got around to taking a Zumba certification. I was sure missing out. I take Zumba classes, but their certification took the fun to a whole new level. The presenter was amazing, and there was so much energy in the room it was amazing. I love how Zumba reaches out to so many people! I can't wait to start spreading the Zumba spirit!


source
If you still haven't tried a Zumba class, I would totally recommend it! It's one big sweaty party!

Sunday was the big day that we got to pick up the newest addition to our family. Everyone, meet Champ!



He is an 8 week old half Rhodesian ridgeback/half border collie mix, and we absolutely love him. We picked him up on Sunday morning and took him back to grandma and grandpa George's house to visit. He had fun playing hide-and-seek with everyone.


Once he was nice and worn out, it was time to head back home to Dallas. At first, he wasn't too keen on riding in his kennel. He seemed to be having a hard time getting comfortable. That doesn't look very comfortable to me!


But after a while, he finally settled down and took a nap. Overall, he was great for his first road trip!


When we got home, he a daddy had a big time playing, and we event went for his first walk around the neighborhood. The whole leash thing was a little new for Mr. Champ, and you could tell he didn't quite know how he felt about it.


He would stop and look around, then take off at a full sprint and cut me off. Then stop and look around some more. We made it to the end of the block and back so I would say it was a success!


My two boys!! Aren't they cute? We are so excited anfd feel truly blessed to have such a sweet little man in our life! He is curled up underneath my legs right now!

Q's and A's:
Any advice for a first time puppy parent?
What did you do this weekend?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.