Let's Get Serious!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hello There Friends!

How are you today??? I had one fantastically sweaty day! I taught one of my favorite classes this morning. It is a combination of kickboxing and barre work. This class makes me sweat like no other! I look forward to it every week because I have such fun participants. At 10:00am, I took a reformer class, and it was a total blast. Holy core I will be feeling this one tomorrow. Then at noon, I taught my cycle class, and we rocked the house. I had a super energetic group, and we were jamming out to my favorite playlist. I had an incredible cycle high after class, but I was also starving!!!! In this heat, all I want to do is eat cold refreshing food so my lunch today was perfect. A big green salad, a cutie, and rasberry yogurt.


Refreshing and Filling Salad:
- romaine lettuce
- spinach
- lots of carrots
- chickpeas
- mushrooms
- low fat feta cheese

Although this heat makes me want to lay around all day like a lazy bum, it is time to get geared up for my next race! I took a break from racing over the summer as I settled into my new job and tried to survive the heat. I don't know if it is because I am fair complected or a weeny, but I get really bad headaches when I run in extreme heat. It feels like my head soaks up all of the heat until it's about to explode. Anyways, even though it is still boiling hot outside, it is time to step up my game. I told you yesterday that I am training the 13.1 half marathon in October.

I combined few different training plans to create one that works for me. It's always tricky to train for a race without getting injured since I teach multiple group exercise classes each week. Listening to my body, nutritious and adequate fueling, and keeping up with my yoga practice will all be essential to staying healthy and injury free while training. So on to the plan! Here is what lays ahead for me in the month of August. Click on the calendar to enlarge.


I did my first training run on Monday, and it felt so good to be running again. I have spent most of the summer teaching classes and powering it out on the stair master. Although I love the stair master, nothing can replace running in my heart! I looked up the course map yesterday, and it made me even more excited. The area we are going to be running through is absolutely beautiful! It should be a really fun race.

Source

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Q's & A's:
What food do you crave in the summer?
Are you gearing up for any races?

In health,



Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.