It's Island Time!!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Monday!!

How are you this morning? I hope you had a great weekend!

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend!! E and I went down to visit my friend Sara and her boyfriend Tristan in Galveston. They moved to Galveston a couple of months ago, and I haven't seen her since February! I missed her sooooooo much. I really hate that there are 5 hours between us.

We got to Galveston around 11:30pm on Friday evening. On Saturday, we got up and headed over to The Strand for a little sightseeing and shopping. There is a place on the Stand called La Kings which is a huge old fashion candy store and ice cream shop. It was too cute, and Eric was in Heaven!

Welcome to La Kings

My amazing friend Sara!! Love you!



I love all the fun colors!!

They made the taffy right in the store! This guy kept throwing taffy across the store
at customers!

Who wants a sucker???

We do!

Eric's favorite-  Taffy!!

After Eric got his fill of candy, we headed over to Mosquito for lunch. It was a cute little cafe with delicious food. It's always good to go where the locals go for yummy food! Next on the agenda was meeting up with my old boss from A&M, DeAun. I couldn't wait to see her. We spent the entire afternoon talking about fitness, friends, and family. It was an absolute blast.

Later on that night, we headed back over to the stand to see what the night life was like. We all had one drink and decided we would have more fun just walking around and chatting. Luckily, we both had our Fit Flops on so we were ready to move!!

Fit Flops Unite!

Galveston has a big Mardi Gras party every year, and they leave some
of the decorations up year round.

These little guys were in the window of a flower shop, and I
 thought they were too cute!
We had such an amazing weekend, and I was sad to see it end. When you are on the island, it just feels like everything slows down and you can actually relax. I barely looked at my phone all weekend, which is so not like me, and just enjoyed the time with my wonderful friends! Now it's back to real life and work so I am off to finish the laundry! :) Have a great day!

Q's and A's:
What did you do this weekend?
Do you ever wish you could just slow your pace down?

In health,

Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.