Fun, Friends & Food!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Howdy!

How was your weekend? Are you ready to tackle another fabulous week?

On Friday, E and I went to dinner with one of my good friends from college. Jenny taught aerobics with me and A&M, and is pretty much one of the coolest people I know! :) We went to one of our favorite restaurants, The Hacienda on Henderson. Their fish tacos are the best!

On Saturday, E an I did work around the house and ran some errands. Baby Boy (aka Champ) was a big helper to dad outside so he was in desperate need of a bath afterwards.





He looks so sad but it really wasn't that bad! After bath time was over, Eric and I went to try out a new restaurant called Cock (like chicken not the bad word) & Bull. I had the Tuna Nicoise and it as pretty much life changing! It was cooked and seasoned to perfection. E had the burger and he said it was amazing as well. After dinner, we went to see the new Harry Potter movie. I LOVED it, Eric on the other hand, wasn't as much of a fan but he was a trooper.

source

On Sunday, I took advantage of the slightly cooler temps by knocking out my 6 mile long run for the week. I ran over to White Rock Lake and found out that there was a marathon going on Sunday morning. It was fun cheering on all the runners as the ran past me going the opposite direction! I'm still not as fast as I was back in March when I ran my last 1/2 marathon, but I'm getting there.



I love that my watch tells me how far ahead of my goal time I am. Talk about motivating!! I named the little girl at the top (who represents my goal time) Garmina, so every time I go out for a run I'm racing Garmina. Dorky I know, but it's fun.

After my run, it was time to make breakfast and I had a serious craving for pancakes. Nothing says Sunday morning like pancakes, right? Luckily, I had all of the ingredients I needed in my cabinets and fridge already.


Blueberry Banana Pancakes
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 small banana mashed
  • 1 tsp Stevia Fiber Baking Mix (regular stevia would work too)
  • 2 egg whites
  • 3 Tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
These pancakes are super easy, healthy and delicious! First mash up your banana and then mix in the remaining ingredients.


Scoop 1/4 a cup of batter in a small skillet and cook evenly on both sides. I think I had the burner up a little too high, but they still tasted good.


My helper passed out before breakfast was even ready!



I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! I'm excited to try out two new dinner recipes this week so stay tuned for some delicious new meals! What are you cooking up this week?

Q's and A's:
What is your favorite thing to make for breakfast on a lazy weekend morning?
How was your weekend?

In health,


Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.