Antioxidant Powerhouse!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Howdy All!!

How is your Hump Day treating you? Mine has been busy busy. Last night, my little sister came in from Austin to drop a friend off at the airport and we had fun catching up and swapping stories. All of her wild adventures always make me feel a tad boring! Haha :) It was great to see her!

Since I knew I had to rush home after work, I made sure to get my strength training workout in early. Yesterday's plan included biceps and triceps. I did three sets of each exercise alternating back and forth between biceps and triceps.

- Standing bicep curls with dumbbells
- Tricep kick backs with dumbbels

- Assisted tricep dip
- Assisted narrow grip pull-ups

- Tricep pull downs on the cable machine
- Straight bar bicep curls on the cable machine

I also taught a kickboxing class and a cycle class. I think yesterday's cycle class was possibly one the most fun cycle classes I have ever taught. We had a rocking playlist, my students were bubbling with energy, and we all cycled our little hearts out!! It was AMAZING!

Since it's already 6:30pm, and I have a ton of homework to do, I am going to leave you with a cool video I came across today. This video discusses a study that looked at the antioxidant content of 3,139 different foods!! Can you even name that many foods? I sure can't! Check it out!



I'm off to read my marketing textbook. Yuck! I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Q's and A's:
How do you break up your weight routine?
By muscle group? Upper and lower body? Or total body?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.