Welcome To My Home!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

How are you today? It's Wednesday already, can you believe it? How have you got your sweat on this week? Yesterday, I taught a kickboxing class, got my but kicked by one of our personal trainers on the TRX (he needed someone to "test out his circuit for him"), jammed out to the 90's in my cycle class, and then had a party in my core class. Overall, it was one sweaty and fantastic Tuesday!

I'm still going strong with the salad challenge. Check out Tuesday's salad creation. I was so hungry after my cycle class that I started eating before I took the picture. Whoops!


Tuesday's Salad (very similar to Monday's, but oh well):
- Romaine Lettuce
- Spinach
- Chickpeas
- Soy beans
- Carrots
- Red Cabbage
- Mushrooms
- Low-fat Feta

E and I were blessed with the ability to buy a new house in May. We moved in in June and have been busy settling in and decorating. We could not have done it without the help of Eric's parents. They helped us paint, clean, move, and repair everything that came our way. Our house was built in 1948, so it needed a little tender love and care. We are finally done hanging all of the pictures and almost finished decorating, so I thought I would show you around. Welcome to our home!


Come on in!


Here is our living room. Yes, E's tv takes up the entire wall. Crazy I know!
Please ignore the glasses on the table, photographer Eric didn't think we should move those.


Living room part two. Check out E's favorite chair.

Dining room - I hope the light doesn't blind you! :)

Kitchen part one. I love the cottage cabinets and black granite counter tops!

Hello Mr. Oven!

E's office/guest bedroom. This is the boy room of the house!

Our throwback bathroom. At fist, I thought we would redo it right away,
but now I kind of like the vintage feel! :) Again, E was the photographer, please
ignore the toilet seat! Hahaha

Master bedroom - peace and tranquility!

view #2

That is E's house. The room on the left is a guest house which he is turning
into his gym and his pride and joy, aka the garage, is on the right. I'm pretty
 sure this is why we bought this house.

Well there you have it, our little piece of Heaven! We feel extremely blessed to have such a wonderful place to call home. It's less than 10 minutes from both of our work and many of our friends live close by!

Stay tuned tomorrow for a special Try This Thursday. I will be posting a video with some of my new favorite barre exercises!

Q's and A's:
Has anyone taken a barre class like Pure Barre or the Barre method?
What did you think?


In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Welcome To My Home!”

  1. OMG Lauren, you're house is SO STRAIGHT!! What a great place :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrie! This was our house when we lived in Dallas. So many great memories there!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.