Tasty Tuesday!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Howdy Everyone,

How is your Tuesday treating you so far? I apologize for posting so late. E and I were lucky enough to have the opportunity to attend Aggie Coaches Night last night, and I was one pooped puppy when we got home. We had a blast at Coaches Night and now I am even more pumped for football season to begin!! When the Spirit of Aggieland came on I got goose bumps! :) Coach Sherman is an excellent speaker and had everyone cracking up the entire time.

source

More exciting news came yesterday when we got home from the event. I was so excited to find a package waiting for me on the front porch upon our arrival. I have been searching Dallas high and low for peanut flour and I could not find it anywhere!! I finally just gave up and ordered it from NutsOnline.com. They have almost anything nut related you could ever want! I got a 1lb bag of peanut flour for only $3.99 plus shipping. That was such a great deal I had to order two.


There are many uses for peanut flour, but my favorite is to use it in my oatmeal. I love topping my oatmeal with a heaping scoop of peanut butter but that can pile on the calories and fat pretty quickly. With peanut flour you get that peanut taste for only 110 calories, 4g of fat, and 16g of protein in a 1/4 cup serving!! Those are some impressive stats. I mix a couple of tablespoons with water to create a peanut paste and mix it in my oatmeal. It's amazing!! I can't wait to try baking with it as well. Stay tuned for fun peanut flour recipes in the future.

Monday was day two of my salad challenge and things are going well. I love how refreshed and energized I feel all afternoon after eating a lunch full of veggies!


Monday's Salad:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Spinach
- Carrots
- Chickpeas
- Soy beans
- Mushrooms
- Low-fat Feta

I want to introduce you to my new favorite snack. Sometimes a girl just needs something sweet and fulfilling but doesn't want to bust her calorie budget. Please allow me to introduce you to L's Fruit Cake!


Simply take a rice cake, smear a laughing cow low-fat Swiss cheese wedge on top, and then finish it off with your favorite fruit!! How easy and delicious is that? It satisfies your sweet tooth, curbs your hunger, and gives you much needed antioxidants all in one delicious little cake! :)

I'm off to cook some dinner. I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Q's and A's:
Is anyone else as pumped for football season as I am?
Has anyone ever cooked with peanut flour? Link your recipes here!


In health,





Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.