Rock It Out!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello There!

How are you today? I hope you had a terrific Tuesday and everyone is adjusting to their work schedule again. It's crazy to me that it is already Wednesday.

Yesterday was a sweat filled day for me. I taught a boot camp at 6:00am, and kickboxing and barre (yes like the ballet barre) class at 8:00am, cycle at noon, and a core class at 5:00pm. I was at work for over 12 hours and it flew by because I was so busy in between classes.

It was my first time to teach the kickboxing and barre class, and I loved it. The class format consists of high energy kickboxing choreography combined with ballet inspired exercises like plies, leg sweeps, and leg lifts done holding on to a body bar (a weighted bar) instead of a ballet bar. We also pick the bar up from time to time to incorporate our upper body. It might sound a little strange, but let me tell you it is a killer workout!!! I was absolutely sweating buckets by the end of it and my quadriceps are already showing signs of being sore. :)

This move tightens your tush it no time flat! (source)

I was beyond excited for my noon cycle class because I put together an awesome throw back playlist with songs from the early 1990's. This playlist is perfect for cycling, running, or sweating it out on the elliptical or stair master!


If you try it out be sure to let me know what you think! Do you take indoor cycling classes? If so, what is your favorite type of music to listen to? I am always looking for new music, so I would appreciate any suggestions you might have!

Something to Read:

Does Exercise Make You Smarter?
Does Music Make You Exercise Harder?

Q's & A's:
Do you listen to music while you exercise?
What type of music motivates you the most?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.