One Delicious Sunday!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Monday Bloggies!!

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?

Friday, E and I went to dinner at a Thai/Sushi restaurant (I know, interesting combination) and then went to see Horrible Bosses. It was pretty stinking hilarious! The first 20 minutes were a little rough, but after that I was dying laughing the entire rest of the movie. If you liked The Hangover or The Hangover 2, you will like Horrible Bosses.

On Saturday, I got to hang out with some of my girlfriends from college and go to one of my favorite restaurants, Snappy Salads. It's like a salad bar with only the freshest most delicious ingredients! The ladies and I walked around North Park Mall and had a great time catching up and shopping! It was so good to see them! Saturday night, we drove about an hour to E's grandmother's house to visit with his parents and grandmother. It was so good to see them too!

Eric went to Europe a few years ago and fell in love with Nutella crepes, so I decided Sunday morning would be a great time to try out my crepe making skills. I have to admit I have been a little nervous to make them since Eric talks about how amazing the ones he had in Europe were. I didn't want to disappoint. I made Eric traditional Nutella crepes with milk, eggs, lots of butter, and white flour. Not exactly healthy. He did eat them with bananas on top so he gets healthy points for that! :)


Although his looked pretty tasty, I decided to healthify my crepes a bit by axing the butter and swapping the white flour for whole wheat flour.

Simple and Delicious Fruit Crepes:
-1 egg
-1 egg white
-1/8 tsp salt
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 1/4 cup skim milk or milk substitute of your choice
-1 stevia packet
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-fruit toppings of your choice

Directions:
1) Whisk egg, egg whites, and salt together until slightly frothy.
2) Slowly add in the remaining ingredients until well mixed.
3) Warm a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
4) Lift the skillet off the burner while you pour in 1/4 cup of batter and swirl around until batter covers the bottom of the pan. Allow to cook until edges start to curl slightly.


5) Flip over with a large spatula and cook for approximately a minute on the other side.
6) Fill with the fruit of your choice and then top with more fruit!


Nutrition Facts: Makes 9 crepes. Calories: 65, Fat: 1g, Fiber: 2g.

My crepes were delicious and E assured me he loved his as well. I'm not sure if they were European quality, but I did my best! These just might have to be a new Sunday morning tradition. They were way easier than I thought they would be to make. It was just like making skinny pancakes. :)

After breakfast, E and I went over to our old apartment to finish cleaning before we turned in our keys. It was HOT but it only took us about 2 hours so I can't complain too much. After a quick trip to Home Depot (Eric's toy store), it was home for some lunch. We worked up quite an appetite with all that cleaning!

Since Sunday is grocery shopping day, the fridge was pretty empty. I did have some Smart & Delicious Tortillas and some left over beans to work with but that was pretty much it. Reduced fat cheese, soy beans, black beans, and avocado quesadillas were born from the random ingredients I had in my fridge!


Throw a little salsa on top and you have one delicious fiber and protein packed lunch! I was pleasantly surprised by these little kitchen sink quesadillas!


After lunch, we watched the U.S. Women's soccer team play Japan for the World Cup. It was such an exciting yet sad game! :( Great effort ladies! If anyone deserves the win other than the U.S. team, it was Japan!

The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping and preparing for the week ahead. I hope you all have a Marvelous Monday!

Q's & A's:
What did you do this weekend?
Have you ever tried to make crepes before? What are your favorite fillings/toppings?

In health,


Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.