Friday Fun With Tortillas!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Friday Y'all!



Isn't his guy so cute?? I miss my TGIF puppies!!

Yesterday, I told you all about my lunch box creations, and I mentioned my new favorite brand of tortillas. I am seriously obsessed with these things! What girl doesn't love a good tortilla, and these guys are actually good for you? One time a friend told me you could wrap dog poop in a warm flour tortilla, and it would taste good. I don't know if that is completely true, but you can wrap pretty much anything in these babies, and it will taste divine! Please allow me to introduce you to Smart & Delicious High Fiber Tortillas. The name says it all!



These babies are delicious, and check out these nutrition facts! Only 50 calories, 7g of fiber, 5g of protein, and 2g of fat! Can I get a Whoop for what? (Whoop is what Aggies say when we really like something!)


Last night, I had a work meeting from 7-8pm, and E had a flag football game at 7:45pm so dinner needed to pretty much make itself. Luckily, with a crock pot, that is actually possible! My good friend Jill shared this recipe with me, and I am forever grateful! I was able to come home for about an hour between work and our meeting, which was the perfect time to throw together this super simple recipe. There are only THREE steps.

Step 1: Place 2 cans of Rotel and 3 chicken breasts (you can change the amount of chicken based on your needs) in the crock pot.
Step 2: Turn the crock pot on low, cover with lid, and allow to cook for 4-5 hours. My crock pot seems to be really hot so it only took 4 hours.


Step 3: Use a fork to shred the chicken and enjoy in the tortilla of your choosing! I of course had mine in a Smart & Delicious tortilla, while E opted for a flour tortilla. One day, I will convince him mine are equally delicious! ;)

I served these delicious little guys with some Spanish rice and black beans. I have not come across an easier, yet still absolutely delicious meal. If you are ever crunched for time, this chicken is a winner! Thanks Jill!


Sorry for the yucky picture, but you get the idea! This meal hit the spot after a long day. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Q's and A's:
Do you have any delicious crock pot recipes you could share with me?
What are your plans for this weekend?

In health,



Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Friday Fun With Tortillas!”

  1. Sooooooo good! healthy too! my kids loved. Great dinner for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a smaller crockpot and have a different recipe: I used one jar of salsa, the smaller jar to two breasts of chicken (boneless, skinless; juice of one lime; 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro and 2 cloves of garlic. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 4 hours. It came out so delicious!! Also for more lime and cilantro flavor, add those ingredients the last hour of cooking.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.