Meat-Less May Challenge from The Healthy Apron

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Howdy Everyone,

How are you today? Fabulous I hope!!

My friend Erin over at the Healthy Apron is encouraging her readers to take her Meat-Less May Challenge. Now meat-less does not mean no meat, it simply means LESS meat. I am not a vegetarian, but I do try to limit my meat to a couple of times a week and usually save my meat serving for dinner.


I started to cut back on my meat intake about 9 months ago when we moved to Dallas to see if it would help with my fatigue and headaches. Although I still get headaches quite often, I definitely feel healthier when my diet is made up of more fruits and veggies than meat.

With so many delicious ways to take in protein without meat, I hardly even notice that I have cut back. Here are some of my favorite non-meat sources of protein.

Greek yogurt is a great low-fat source of protein.

I don't think I could live without nut-butter!!


This is one of my new favorite sources of protein. 1/4 a cup is only 110 calories and
 has 16 grams of protein. It is perfect to mix into oatmeal, homemade granola bars, or smoothies.

They don't call it the incredible edible egg for nothing!

Chia Power Balls - these are a delicious and easy to carry with you source of protein.

Bean packed veggie chili is also packed with protein and fiber!

Soy beans and chickpeas punch up the protein in this delicious pasta salad.

These black bean burgers are my go to lunch when I'm in a hurry!

Who doesn't need a little Luna in their life?

So are you up to the challenge? Do you think you could cut back meat to just one meal a day or maybe even just 5 meals a week? With a little creativity and the right ingredients, you won't even miss the meat!

Q's and A's:
What is your favorite non-meat source of protein?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.