200th Post!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Howdy Everyone!!

I'm finally back! These past three weeks have been so chaotic that finding time to blog has been almost impossible! I have missed my readers, fellow bloggers and friends more than I could ever tell you. Now that I am back to only having one main job, I can finally dedicate a little more time to the old blog.

source

Speaking of OLD, this is my 200th post here on Fun, Fit and Fabulous! When I first started this blog, I really didn't think anyone would want to read it or that it would become such a big part of my life. I honestly thought I would run out of things to post about after a month or so. However, 11 months and 200 posts later, I'm still here! Thanks to my wonderful readers and fellow bloggers, I have learned more about fitness, healthy eating, cooking, and healthy living blogs than I ever thought possible! Thank you all so much for continuing to read this blog and being so supportive of everything that happens in my life!

Summer has come to Texas, and I LOVE it! Bring on the 100+ degree temperatures, bathing suites, BBQ's, sunglasses, pavement so hot you could fry and egg on it, lemonade, tan lines, and my favorite food in the whole wide world- WATERMELON. I could literally eat watermelon until my stomach exploded, and trust me I have tried before.

source
We went to Sam's today, and there was a huge bucket of watermelons just waiting to jump into my basket. We picked what we thought looked like a good one (I'm still not really sure how to pick a good one, but I did my best). Luckily, I have a very sweet husband who sliced up the whole watermelon for me and packed it nicely into tupperware.


When we move into our new house, I really hope to plant some watermelon in our backyard. :) It is delicious and packed with vitamin C and vitamin A. Check out these nutrition facts.

source

Another thing I love about summer is the sun and wonderful tan lines. However, I know the sun can cause some nasty problems for your skin later on down the road in the form of skin cancer and wrinkles. I will admit that I love to lay out, but I always wear sunscreen and get most of my tan from a bottle. I have tried almost every self tanner on the market and have a new favorite.

source

This self tanner is specifically designed for your face and shows up gradually over time. It's not greasy, contains retinol to fight wrinkles, has virtually no scent, and looks totally natural. This is by far the best face self tanner I've ever used. No wrinkles or leathery skin for this girl!

I'm off to eat some more watermelon and get ready for work. Stay tuned later this week for a fun giveaway! It's so good to be back, and I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Q's and A's:
What is your favorite summer food?
Do you use self-tanner? If so, what is your favorite brand?

In health,


Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.