Try This Thursday #18

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hello Loves!

How are you this wonderful Thursday morning??

Yesterday's workout consisted of a 45 minute sweat session on the treadmill in the morning and then teaching my strength training class in the afternoon! Love it!

I have confessed my love for avocados many times here on the old blog, and I am going to do it again. I LOVE the little green guys.

source

They are not only delicious, versatile, and the perfect addition to just about any salad, sandwich, or wrap, but they are also a nutrition power house. Check out these stats.

source

When I got home from work yesterday, I was completely famished and wanted something quick and healthy to eat. I saw a little avocado sitting all by itself in my fruit basket and voila, I knew what I was going to make. Meet avocado toast! My friend Kelley introduced this to me back in high school, and it is just as good now as it was then. You can tell how hungry I was since I started devouring the toast before I remembered to take a picture. Woops!


To make this delicious snack, simply toast a piece of whole wheat bread. Then drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top. Next, take 1/4 of an avocado and smear it on top. Finish off with a nice sprinkle of garlic powder or garlic salt. Kelley always topped hers with a slice of tomato, but I'm not a huge uncooked tomato fan. I promise this makes an amazing and satisfying snack. :)

While we are on the subject of snacking, check out this great article over at Runners World: "Healthy Snacks For Runners." These snacks will satisfy your cravings while still keeping your nutrition on track.

I hope you all have a great day!

Q's and A's:
What is your favorite way to eat an avocado?

In health,

Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.