Try This Thursday #17

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Howdy!!

How are you today? I can't believe it is already Thursday!

Whenever I stroll down the protein/ganola bar aisle at the grocery store, I always scope out the bars that are on sale. This week the Luna protein bars were on sale for $1. I think it's a little crazy that I considered that a really good deal, but what can you do? I picked up two chocolate peanut butter bars and one cookie dough bar. They were both delicious!!

source
Both bars have less than 200 calories and 12 grams of protein; however, they are a little higher in the sugar department than I would like (around 12 grams). They are also packed with vitamins and minerals that are important for women like folic acid, calcium and iron. I give them 2 thumbs way up!

My favorite move right now is a single leg squat with a corckscrew curl (I call it a rotation curl in my classes). It works your biceps, core, glutes, quadriceps, and hamstrings. Trust me, I am still feeling these from Monday as I type! Yowzers!!

source

source


Thank you Shape.com for this beauty. Here's how to execute this total body toner: Hold a dumbbell in each hand at sides, palms facing behind you, and stand with weight on left foot, right foot raised. Squat on left leg as you extend arms down. Rise up as you curl weights toward your shoulders, palms facing up. Return to the starting position and repeat for 30 seconds. Switch legs and repeat.

You could also switch things up by changing the bicep curl to an overhead press or up-right row.

I hope you all have a great Thursday!!

Q's and A's:
What is your favorite total body toning move?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.