Try This Thursday #13

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Try This Thursday!

I can't believe this is already the 13th installment of Try This Thursday! This year is flying by a little too fast! Anyways, how are you doing this wonderful Thursday? Hopefully Terrific!

I have a couple of things to share with you this week. First, I need to tell you about my new love - Peanut Butter Cookie Larabars! Really, I love anything with peanut butter in it, but these things are stinking delicious. The fact that the only ingredients are peanuts, dates, and salt is pretty amazing too! No artificial ingredients that you can't even pronounce here! The Apple Pie Larabar still holds a special place in my heart; however, this might have taken over as my new favorite.


I ate mine before I remembered to take a picture. Woops! [source]

I absolutely love fresh bananas! I don't know about you, but I can't stand bananas when they start to turn all brown and mushy. I usually try and buy really green bananas in hopes that they will make it through the week without turning into brown monsters. I have heard of Green Bags before that are suppose to keep your produce fresh for longer; however, I have never actually tried them until now. I came across these Pro FRESHionals produce saver bags at the store the other day and decided to see if they could save my bananas.


To test them out, I decided to do a little experiment. I purchased bananas last Friday and put them in the bag to see how long they would last. They banana selection was a little low, so I had to get fairly yellow bananas, I'm a terrible scientist because I forgot to take a picture. Normally, these would have only made it about 3 days before they turned really brown. On Tuesday (so after 4 days), here is what they looked like. That's the bag sitting next to them.


Look at that. After four days, they are still so fresh and so yummy! Do you remember the song "So Fresh and So Clean?" That definitely just popped into my head as I typed that. :) The experiment continued, and this morning the remaining banana looked like this.


Sorry, I kept eating the specimens. I told you I loved bananas. I was pretty impressed that the bananas were still really fresh almost an entire week later! The box contained 20 large bags, and it says you can use each bag 5 times. For only $5.99, I think they are a steal. It recommended that you reuse the bag with the same type of produce. So far, I have only used them for bananas, but I will definitely be putting all of my produce in these handy bags from now on!

Two planks from Women's Health that I am loving right now:

source

Bird Dog Plank

SETS 2 to 3
REPS 8 to 12
REST 30 to 60 secs
Assume a pushup position with your hands slightly wider than your shoulders and your back straight (A). Brace your abs as you extend your right arm and left leg (B). Lower them both--but not your torso--and repeat, lifting your left arm and right leg. Continue alternating until you've completed 8 to 12 reps on each side. That's 1 set.

source

Side Plank with Abduction

SETS 2 to 3
REPS 8 to 12
REST 30 to 60 secs
Lie on your left side with your elbow directly beneath your shoulder and legs stacked. Brace your abs and lift your hips off the floor until you're balancing on your forearm and feet and your body forms a diagonal line (A). Lift your right leg at least 6 inches (B). Lower and repeat. Complete all reps, then repeat on your right side. That's 1 set.

I hope you have an amazing Thursday, and I will talk to you tomorrow! :)

Q's and A's:
Have you ever tried produce saver bags? What did you think?
What is your favorite version of plank?
What is your favorite core exercise?
In health,


Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.