Races and Places

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

How is your week going so far? Wahoo for hump day!

Yesterday was another busy day, but I managed to squeeze in a 5 mile run in the morning. I also taught a yoga class at noon and enjoyed every minute of it!

While sitting in class yesterday, I began to day dream about all of the races I want to do in the future. Instead of your traditional Bucket List, I made a Races and Places list! These are some of the races I hope to complete sometime in my life, and the list is growing every season. What do you think?

Disney Princess Half Marathon - "Fairy tales come true one mile at a time."
This race brings women together for a magical event that is put on just for them in one of the most memorable places on earth! Plus, I've always wanted to meet Cinderella!

source


source

Rock N Roll Las Vegas - "Run the Strip at night."
The Rock N Roll Las Vegas is the largest nighttime running event!

source

Tennessee Country Music Marathon & 1/2 Marathon - "The Legend Keeps Running"
I am a huge country music fan and would love to visit the home of country music. Also, who doesn't want to go to a post race party featuring Montgomery Gentry?

source

Mayor's Marathon & 1/2 Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska - "Alaska's Biggest and Best Marathon!"
Where else can you run a marathon in June without having a heat stroke?
source

Napa Valley Marathon - "Pristine rolling countryside with only 1 mile in town."
I think Napa Valley is seriously one of the most beautiful places on earth. I would love to run through her beautiful country side and just soak it all in!

source

source

New York City Marathon - "The marathon of all marathons."
The New York City Marathon attracts over 12,000 international runners, has the largest crowds, and is one of the few marathons that gets national TV coverage!

source

Honolulu Marathon- "One of the world's greatest spectacles in running."
Imagine running is shorts on white sand beaches to the sound of waves hitting the shore in the middle of December! Heaven!

source

So what do you think of my list? I know I am missing a lot of great ones. I would love some help growing my list, so if you have completed any amazing races let me know! I hope you have an awesome day!

Q's and A's:
What races would you like to do in the future?
What is your favorite race you have ever completed? It can be any type (1/2 marathon, triathlon, duathlon) or distance (5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon)?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.