I'm such a sucker for Country music!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Howdy!

How are you today? Did you have a good Monday?

I am excited to report that I felt surprisingly good yesterday despite running my legs off on Sunday. I taught a step class in the morning and then a strength training class in the afternoon. Weirdly enough, the only thing that is sore is my right (yep only my right) quadricep. I'm not sure why only the right one is sore, but it is.

While driving home today, I was feeling pretty stressed out about work and school. I have quite a few large papers due soon and work is just busy as always. I was going over everything in my head and becoming more stressed out by the second when this song came on and put everything in perspective.



It was like God was trying to tell me something (don't worry, I was listening). I was literally so moved by the song that I was crying within seconds. I'm not talking about a few little tears, but full on runny nose, elephant tears rolling down my face, hard to catch my breath sobbing. I'm sure the guy next to me at the stop light must have thought something truly awful had just happened. The part about the guy's wife almost sent me over the edge. This song came on at the absolute perfect time. No matter how stressful things get, there are people out there in the world going through much worse and all you can do is focus on all of the things you have to be thankful for. In the grand scheme of things, what I was stressing about is really not that big of a deal! Thank you Craig Morgan.

Speaking of inspiring songs, I love Sara Evans new song "A Little Bit Stronger." Although she is talking about getting over a guy, I think it can really apply to anything that is getting you down. Any obstacles you have to overcome make you stronger in the end if you choose to learn from them and push on. You are all extremely strong, and if you ever need to be reminded of that, simply turn this song on and belt it out at the top of your lungs. I promise it will make you feel better :)



There are so many songs out there that make me laugh, cry, smile, think and inspire me that I could never list them all!

What song inspires you or helps you keep life in perspective?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.