Yay For A Snow Day!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hey everyone!!

Thank you so much for all of your comments on the yoga article I discussed yesterday. I love hearing your thoughts and comments! This morning, I woke up and saw this outside of my window:


They shut down work and school for today, so we officially had a SNOW DAY! I was beyond excited especially because yesterday was one crazy day. I left my house at 8am and didn't get home until 10:15pm! It wasn't a bad day by any means, it was just busy. So when they called to tell me school was closed, it was such a nice surprise.

Due to the YogaFit training this weekend, I missed my 9 mile training run I had scheduled for Sunday. Since I had the entire day off, I thought this would be the perfect time to fit it in. There was only one problem - I almost did the splits the second I walked out my front door due to the ice. Since running outside was obviously not an option, it was to the treadmill I went. I must be crazy, 9 miles on the treadmill is ridiculous!! Oh well, I survived and caught back up with my training. Luckily, I had HGTV to keep me company. I watched House Hunter International, and the guy was shopping for a house in Tokyo. He ended up spending $700,000 on a 800sq ft. condo! I am so never moving to Tokyo! Here are a few pictures I snapped on my way to the apartment gym.

The view of the junior college across the street. They were closed down too.

The stairs leading up to the gym. These just scream danger!

This is where I almost ate it!

Can you see the cracks in the ice? Every time I took a step you would hear a crack.
 It was probably the most nerve racking walk to the gym of all time. :)

The view from the end of our driveway.
Beautiful, snowy sidewalk!
I'm not a huge fan of snow, but I can make an exception when it results in a snow day! There are so many things to love about snow days:
  1. Waking up to beautiful views.
  2. Your coffee tastes extra delicious.
  3. You don't have to blow dry your hair or put on makeup if you don't want to.
  4. Extra time for blogging!
  5. Everything looks brighter when the sun bounces off of the snow. :)
  6. More time for catching up on your reading. I can't wait to dive deeper into my YogaFit manual from this weekend.
  7. You can sleep in until 8am. My alarm was set for 9am, but my body wasn't having it.
  8. It's the perfect time to make some baked goodies.          
  9. You get to wear comfy sweatpants and fuzzy socks all day long. Don't make fun of me for not matching!

                                                           
  10. Probably the least flattering view ever, but who cares it's a snow day!
Lastly, you have time to try out a new yoga download! I am super excited to try out this 30 minute video by YogaJournal.com, especially since the soreness from my time on the treadmill is already starting to kick in. :(



I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day! If you haven't already, don't forget to "Like" the new Fun, Fit and Fabulous facebook page! :)

Q's and A's:
How is the weather in your area?
Did you have a snow day today?
What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?

In health,





Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.