Try This Thursday + My Big Fat Lip

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Howdy Everyone,

How are you this evening? I have to be honest, I've definitely been better. I just got home after spending 3.5 hours in the dentist chair! Yes, you read that right, 3.5 hours. Luckily, he had me juiced up on laughing gas but it still wasn't fun at all. I was so nervous about going to the dentist, that I hardly ate anything for lunch so I was starving after my appointment. There was just one problem, I couldn't feel my mouth at all! My bottom lip is ginormous and I can't feel my tongue! The dentist warned me not to try and chew anything, seeing as I could bite my tongue and not even know it. Yikes!

source

I decided to play it safe and make a green monster. However, my green monster turned into a gray monster. It contained blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1 handful of spinach, a little bit of almond milk, a few ice cubes, and a spoonful of peanut butter. The blueberries are to blame for the gray color. Seeing as I was still in a laughing gas daze, I forgot to take a picture. It took me forever to drink the smoothie, but I felt much better after I was done! Ok, enough complaining.

Since I knew I would feel pretty yucky this evening, I made sure to get my workout in this morning. I woke up early to get in a 5 mile run and then taught a yoga class at 11:30am.

Maryann, over at The Balanced Bean, mentioned that she loved the protein bars "Think Thin." I have seen them at the grocery store a few times, but never picked them up. I happened upon a coupon for them the other day, and couldn't pass up the opportunity to try them out. I purchased the crunchy peanut butter bar and the fudge brownie bar. They did not disappoint!

source
Each of these bars contain between 15 and 20 grams of protein, 0 sugar, and are gluten free. They contain around 200 calories each, which is a little more than I would typically like in a bar but they're perfect on days when I know I'm not going to eat dinner until 8:00pm. They did a great job of keeping me full all afternoon, which is hard to do. I would definitely recommend them! Thanks Maryann for the great suggestion!

I'm off to bum around on the couch and try not to drool on myself. ;) I hope you have a wonderful evening!

P.S. please forgive any typos in this post, I'm still a little loopy. hahaha

Q's and A's:
Have you ever tried Think Think protein bars?
What's your go to bar when you have to last a long time between meals?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.