Some days just call for Starbucks

Monday, February 7, 2011

Howdy!

How is everyone this evening? Hopefully you had a good day! Did you have fun watching the Super Bowl yesterday? Today, was my first day back at work since last Monday. I was very excited to get back. I learned that just because the entire gym is shut down, doesn't mean you won't get behind if you are out of the office for a few days. I went into power walk mode the second I stepped through the door today and didn't stop until I fell into my couch about 5 minutes ago. :)

The day started off with scrambled egg whites, a juicy orange and some almond milk. This was my way of powering up for what I had a feeling would be a busy day. I was right!


I got a postcard coupon in the mail a few days ago from Starbucks for a free drink during my birthday month. I made a quick stop on my way to work today for a skinny vanilla latte which means Heaven in my book! Please imagine there are little rays of sun shine shooting out from behind my cup and angels singing ahhhhhhh in the background because that is what this drink tasted like to me this morning! :)


Most busy days means lunch is eaten at my desk while answering e-mails. (This is a no no in the world of mindful/intuitive eating, but sometimes life just gets in the way of rules.) Isn't my desk calender cute? I love it, especially because I got it for 50 cents at Target. Lunch was simple yet delicious: a green apple, strawberry pomegranate yogurt, and a turkey wrap with hummus, mushrooms and spinach.


Today's workout consisted of 35 minutes on the elliptical followed by a strength training class. It was a cross training day, and my hip flexors were very appreciative of that! On my way home from work, I stopped to pick up some aromatherapy spray for my yoga class tomorrow. In my last yoga training, we learned all about the benefits of integrating aromatherapy in yoga so I am very excited about sharing it with my class. I went with my favorite - eucalyptus and spearmint.

For dinner, I stopped by Jason's Deli to pick up a to go salad. Jason's Deli is one of my favorite restaurants but Eric doesn't like it very much, so I had to get my fix while he was out of town. Luckily, he will be back later tonight! My eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach on this occasion.


Now that is what I call a salad! Ingredients: romaine lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, soy beans, green peas, chick peas, red beans, raisins, sunflower seeds, a small side of pasta salad, one boiled egg, and low-fat honey mustard dressing. It was really yummy and definitely helped me reach my veggie quota for the day. I could eat this salad every day, but I don't think my wallet could handle that.

I'm off to make funfetti cookies and Oreo balls for Eric's office birthday celebration. I hope I can make it through without eating too much cookie dough. Yikes! There is something about funfetti cookie dough - it just leaps out of the bowl and into my mouth.

Check out my featured article over at Fitblogger.com. I was beyond excited when they told me they wanted to share my strength training post on their site! :)

Q's and A's:
When you know you are going to have a busy day, what is your go to drink or breakfast to power you up?
Are you a creature of habit when it comes to lunch, or do you like a variety of things? I am definitely a creature of habit. I try to change up my lunch, but always end up going back to old faithfuls.


In health,






Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.