Try This Tursday!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Howdy!!

I hope you are having a Terrific Thursday! Thanks for all of the feedback on the yoga challenge and the start of training. I love hearing about your health and fitness experiences (well really I just love hearing about your life in general)! Keep the comments coming! :)

Today, I actually have two things for Try This Thursday! First, how many people have heard of the training log the dailymile? Since one of my goals for this year was to complete at least four races, I thought it would be cool to see how many miles I ran total!


The dailymile is a really easy to use online workout tracker. It allows you to keep track of your running, walking, cycling, etc. and then share it with your friends through facebook and twitter. Or you can simply use it to see how many miles you are racking up! You can also see how everyone else in the community is doing, which I think is really motivating. Check out the cool graphs and stats it tracks for you.


Yesterday, I had the day off from work (wahooo), so I decided to try out a new recipe. I have been wanting to make a veggie frittata for some time now, but just don't have that much time in the morning to spend on breakfast. Since I am a huge fan of breakfast for lunch, or dinner for that matter, I decided to make mini veggie frittatas for lunch today! For some reason, I feel the urge to giggle every time I say frittata. Am I alone here?

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2 cups spinach
3 eggs
5 egg whites (or you can just use 2 cups of eggbeaters total)
1 tsp. basil
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup low-fat cheddar divided (or the cheese of your choice)





Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
  2. Saute mushrooms and spinach until tender, then set aside.
  3. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, almond milk, and basil then add in veggies.
  4. Pour into muffin tins. Leave a little room for expansion.
  5. Cook for 15 minutes.
  6. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top, then cook for an additional 5 minutes or until firm on top.
  7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy.


Makes 8 mini frittatas. I saved the leftovers for breakfast tomorrow and Friday. I have decided I need to add "improve blog photography," to my list of New Years Resolutions. I always feel like my pictures leave something to be desired. To go along with my frittatas I sliced into a juicy pink grapefruit. It was huge and absolutely delicious!


After lunch, I walked to the park to catch up on some reading. Luckily, I had plenty of friends to keep me company!




Questions of the day:
Do you track your mileage or workouts?
Have you ever tried making a frittata? If so, what are your favorite mix-ins?

In health,

Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.