Let The Training Begin!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Howdy!

Happy Hump Day! How are you? Is everyone settling back into their regular routine after the Holidays? I went to work on Monday, but actually had yesterday off!! This was an unexpected surprise. Unfortunately, my body did not want to sleep in. I was wide awake at 7am even though my alarm was set for 8. Oh well!


Apparently, my body was super excited to start training for our next half marathon! I can't tell you how ready I was to start training. I don't know why, but running is so much more enjoyable when I have a plan, and know I am running for a purpose! Day one of training wasn't too bad, just a nice easy 4 mile run.


I am training for the Dallas Rock N Roll Marathon on March 27th! I love the Rock N Roll races, they are always so much fun! This time around, I am using the Runners World Smart Coach training system. This program is great because it is customized just for you based on prior race times, running experience, current fitness level, race distance, and the date of your race. The base training plan (which is really all you need) is completely free! You can purchase upgrades which include daily e-mails and extra training tips, but I like to keep things simple. To get your very own training program, simply click here and enter in your personal information!


If you like to have your training plan with you at all times, you can also download the SmartCoach App for free on your iphone! How convenient!

After my run, I had some oatmeal with flaxseed, frozen blueberries, stevia, and a little dab of peanut butter. Then, I was off to Bikram Yoga. I enjoyed another good 90 minute yoga butt kicking! By the time class was over, I was absolutely starving, so I went with my go to lunch; and egg white sandwich with a side of green apple.

Although lunch was delicious, it didn't hold me over for very long (I blame the calorie torching power of Bikram), so my afternoon snack was pretty hefty today. Natural peanut butter on whole wheat toast with some farmers market fresh purple grapes!


MMM boy do I love crunchy peanut butter!! The rest of my day was spent blogging and running errands. :) I'm off to cook dinner before Eric gets home from the gym. I hope everyone has a marvelous day!

For more information on running/training, check out these great articles:
Top 10 Ways to Keep Your Running & Motivation Strong (Gina shared this one earlier today, and I loved it)
101 Greatest Running Tips
Resolve to Run - Simple steps to get going and and make progress (great article for newbies)
Slow Going - How to survive the early pitfall so running
Perfect Timing - When to train, eat, stretch, and do everything to run your best! (This article will answer any and all of your running questions!)

I am also super excited to announce that I will be reviewing a Glycolic Acid Exfoliator from NaturalSkinShop.com through a promotion on SheBlogs.org. This product is derived from natural sugar cane and helps protect skin from signs of premature aging.  After my review, I will provide all of my readers with a discount code so y'all can try out their products as well! I am in no way being paid for this review, so you will get my 100% honest opinion! :)
Questions of the Day:
Are you planning on doing any races in the next few months?
Do you usually follow a training plan, or just wing it?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.