Farmers Market Fun + Yoga Challenge

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Tuesday Everyone,

How is your morning going so far?

On Sunday, Eric and I visited the Dallas Farmers Market for the first time. I really don't know what took me so long to get down there.


The Farmers Market is open 352 days a year, but it definitely slims down a bit during the winter months. However, there was still a bountifull selection of fresh fruits and veggies! The prices were surprisingly amazing as well!


These pictures really don't do these vegetables justice. They were so colorful, you could literally see the freshness! Another great thing about the Farmers Market is how generous the vendors are. They are always willing to let you try their fruits, veggies, nuts, or sauces they have for sale. The peppers below were so bright and colorful they almost looked fake!


After we finished our shopping, we headed home to make dinner with our new goodies. I have been craving pizza for quite some time, so I thought what better way to use all of my veggies than a big veggie pizza? Unfortunately, Eric did not share my veggie enthusiasm, so he went with a boring old frozen pizza! I forgot to take a picture when it came out of the oven, but here is what was left after dinner! You can check out the recipe here (I swapped the eggplant for mushrooms in Sunday's version).


Please pardon the mess, I used flour to keep the dough from sticking to the pan. I had the leftovers for lunch today, and I think they were even better than when it was fresh! I LOVE leftovers!

One of my resolutions for 2011 was to deepen my yoga practice. I am a huge fan of YogaJournal.com, and am very excited about participating in their 21 Day Challenge that begins on January 10th.


I used to only do yoga in a classroom setting. However, recently I have really enjoyed doing yoga in the comfort of my own home. There are some poses that I am frankly just not very good at, and I like to practice without any extra eyes on me. Who wants to try crow or a headstands in the middle of a crowded classroom? Not me!

Yoga Journal's 21 Day Challenge is the perfect way to begin or strengthen your personal practice! Why don't I let them tell you how it works:

"How does it work? Each day, we'll present original videos of yoga sequences. There are 15-minute videos for morning and night; 30-minute videos to help refine your poses, work your core, and develop strength; and a super fun 45-minute flow sequence that'll have you moving all around your mat and getting a great workout in the process. By the end of the challenge, you'll have an arsenal of practices at your disposal to use whenever and however you want."
Sounds pretty fun right? All you have to do to sign up, is visit YogaJournal.com and enter your e-mail. The challenge completely free. So what do you think? Will you join me? I will be posting regular challenge updates on the Fun, Fit and Fabulous Facebook page, so be sure to "like" our page to stay up-to-date on all of the challenge activities!

Questions of the day:
Do you have a farmers market in your town?
Will you join me in the 21 Day Challenge?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.