Living in the Present and Eggplant Parmesan

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Howdy All!!

How are you today? As I write this post, I am listening to the Hope for Haiti CD. I can't believe the earthquake hit Haiti almost 10 months ago. Sometimes, it seems like time is speeding up. Thinking back on the earthquake and everything the citizens of Haiti had to go through and are still going through, reminds me to appreciate every day God gives me. I am a planner, and sometimes I get too caught up in preparing for what's going to happen tomorrow, next week, or next year and forget to focus on the here and now. I wish there was a way to just slow things down, but unfortunately I don't think that is possible. However, I am going to make it a goal to focus more on what's happening around me right now, not tomorrow, not after I finish school, not after I have kids, or after I have a successful career, but right now. Really, that is all we have control over right? When Eric or my mom read this, they are both going to tell me, "this is what I have been telling you for years!" Maybe it's time I listen.

My personal goal for November is to do just that. I am going to spend more energy focusing on the present and leave the rest up to God.  I will keep you posted on my progress. Wish me luck! Be on the lookout for November's health goals tomorrow.

Now on to tonight's experiment! Baked eggplant parmesan. Every time I pass the eggplant in the grocery store, I can't help but pick one up. They always look so flavorful and purple is one of my favorite colors! Plus, 1 cup cubed only has 20 calories.  Although I love eggplant, I don't have a lot of experience with it. So as I went to cook dinner tonight, I decided to try my own version of an old classic.

Did you know there were so many different types of eggplant?

Ingredients:
1 Eggplant sliced into 1/2 inch sections
1 Tbsp. Perfect Pinch Parmesan seasoning
1/2 Tbsp. Perfect Pinch Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp. Whole wheat bread crumbs


Directions:
Slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch slices


Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan seasoning, and Italian seasoning. Then sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the eggplant.


Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and enjoy! I paired these little beauties with some whole grain brown rice and green beans. They would also be delicious with whole wheat noodles and tomato sauce.


Don't forget the discounts and giveaway at Shop FF&F end on Sunday!
Food for thought:
What are your personal goals for November?
Do you have any yummy eggplant recipes to share?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.