Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!


 
I hope you are all having a marvelous day so far, and aren't too stuffed yet! :) So I have read a ton of articles and posts on how to survive Thanksgiving, so to prevent being repetitive, I'm going to share just my favorite tricks & tips! This is suppose to be a day for friends and family, not lengthy blog posts, so I will keep it short.


 
My Thanksgiving game plan:
  1. Don't let your plate look like the one above (just kidding... well kind of)!
  2. Get moving ASAP! I started out this morning with a good length run, and I plan on making some of my siblings join me for a walk after dinner.
  3. Sip wisely. Remember alcohol calories count too. I try to allow myself only 1-2 glasses of wine with dinner. If I sip before dinner I'm doomed.
  4. Downsize your dinner ware. I always try and eat Thanksgiving off of a smaller plate. You simply can't get too much on a salad plate. Watch the seconds though!
  5. Chew gum! I always try and chew gum while I'm cooking so I"m not tempted "to taste," everything!
  6. Keep the sink full. As soon as I am finished cooking something (especially anything sweet), I fill the dish up with water, so I'm not tempted to lick the bowl. Brownie batter is my ultimate weakness!
  7. Fill up on the safe stuff! I always try and fill most of my plate with white meat turkey, salad, and any other veggie that doesn't look like it has been covered in cheese or butter. I try and limit the rolls, stuffing, and "casseroles" which are often loaded with calories and butter.
  8. Put the food away as soon as dinner is over, so you're not tempted to keep eating.
These are the tricks that seem to work for me. Although we don't want to ruin our diet, don't forget to enjoy Thanksgiving! After all, it only happens once a year.

For more tips on surviving Thanksgiving check out these sites:

Surviving The Feast!

Eat This Not That: Top Swaps for Thanksgiving

Low-Fat Thanksgiving Side Dishes

Food for thought:
What is your all time favorite Thanksgiving food?

Happy Thanksgiving!

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving!”

  1. my favorite Thanksgiving food is most definitely my homemade cranberry-orange sauce...its soooo amazing!!! and my mom's green jello stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "put the food away" concept!! I mean it is so simple, but SO true!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.