The Texas State Fair! A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Howdy!

On Friday, Eric and I went to the Texas State Fair. This was my first time to ever experience the fair, and Eric hasn't been since he was a little kid. As you can imagine, we were both very excited!! We were at the fair for a total of about 8 hours. I really wish I would have worn a pedometer because we were walking for about 6 1/2 of those hours. Which is good since the food at the fair is notoriously UNHEALTHY (but we will save the food analysis for Monday)! Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I am going to let our pictures tell our State Fair Story!


Eric and me with Big Tex!

The Cotton Bowl

The biggest Ferris Wheel I have ever been on.

So Tall

Eric and me on the Ferris Wheel

A peek inside the Cotton Bowl

The view from the top!


A green house display by Southern Living

Meet "little" Big Tex

The most AMAZING pumpkin carvings I have ever seen!

Farmer Jake working on his next pumpkin creation!

This is Lyonell the conductor.

What a cute idea!!

Chicken Fried Bacon... Can you tell I was scared??

Needless to say, Eric loved it!
When I grow up, I want to be a Cowboy!


Eric looks much more authentic.

Pig races. They were so tiny and cute!

One last picture with Big Tex!

Stay Tuned! Monday, we will take a look at the nutrition facts for some of the State Fair staples!

Yours truly,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.