Cinnamon Blueberry Bread

Friday, October 15, 2010

[source]

I hope everyone had a great week! This weekend is going to be jam packed with fun events. Eric and I are leaving as soon as he gets home from work so we can rush home and celebrate my friend Kelley Smith's birthday! Kelley has put up with me since the second grade. Can you believe that? Tomorrow, The Fighting Texas Aggies take on Missouri at 11:00am, and after that we are attending the Texas A&M Rec Sports Reunion. I can't wait to see all of my old co-workers!! I miss them like crazy!

Even though the game is at 11:30am, we will still be holding our regular tailgate. We're not going to let a silly thing like time get in our way. Since BBQ isn't exactly my idea of a delicious breakfast, I decided to make Cinnamon Blueberry Bread. I was so excited about making the bread, I forgot to check and make sure I had a bread pan. Turns out I do not! I guess it didn't survive the move. As my Mema always says, "sometimes you just have to make do." I decided to make Cinnamon Blueberry Biscuits, and cook the bread in a muffin pan. Portion control is never bad right? However, you can definitely bake this in a traditional bread pan.


 
Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Splenda Sugar blend (if you use regular sugar use 1/3 cup)
2 tbsp. Splenda Brown Sugar blend
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries





Directions:
  1. Mix together all of the dry ingredients.
  2. Stir in the egg and Almond Milk.
  3. Fold in the blueberries.
  4. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees for a traditional bread pan or for 20 minutes in a muffin pan.
Can you believe how easy that was?? I bet you already have most of those ingredients in your house right now. Enjoy!

Food for thought:
Do you prefer baking or cooking?
What is your favorite type of bread? Pumpkin? Banana? Blueberry?

Yours truly,



Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.