Half Marathon Training Day #1!

Monday, September 13, 2010

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." -Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder
 
Good Evening!

I hope everyone had an amazing and restful weekend. Friday was pretty uneventful since Eric had to work till 10pm. I worked out, watched TV, and put off doing homework for as long as possible! Uh Oh! Saturday was great! We drove down to College Station to watch the Aggies Beat The Hell Out OF La Tech! (it's kind of an Aggie thing to say "beat the hell out of ______") Before the game, I got to eat lunch with four of my closest friends (two of which drove in from out of town). It was so good to see Katie, Lindley, Kelley, and Daphne! I am so lucky to have such amazing friends.

Sunday, however was not as much fun. I woke up with a killer headache and felt like I had been run over by a truck. And no, I did not drink too much at the tailgate if that's what your thinking! I'm not sure what was wrong with me, but minus going to lunch for Mrs. George's birthday, I slept most of the day.



Today, was day one of half marathon training. I'm following Hal Higdon's intermediate half marathon training plan. I have a few friends joining me on this journey including the lovely Cassey! She is going to join me on December 5th for the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon. If you want to join Cassey and I, make sure you register soon, because the half marathon is 61% full.

Not my favorite picture, but Cassey sure looks cute!

Day one of my plan called for stretching and strength training. I taught a yoga class at noon (check for stretching), and a strength class at 5pm (check for strength training). Stay tuned for a post on yoga for runners!! The real running begins tomorrow with a three miler, not too bad at all!

If you are planning on running the White Rock, let me know so we can swap training tips and stories!!

Yours truly,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
1 Comment »

One Response to “Half Marathon Training Day #1!”

  1. i've heard such good things about yoga for runners. lookin' forward to learning more!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.