Catching Up & The Biggest Loser

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Howdy!

I hope everyone had a terrific Tuesday. I am writing this while watching the Biggest Loser. I absolutely love this show. Every time I watch it I am inspired, and I don't mean by Bob and Jillian. The contestants push their bodies further than they ever thought possible, and accomplish things many of them never dreamed they could. One guy just weighed in and lost 41 pounds in 2 weeks. Absolutely Amazing! When I was at Dallas Mania in August, I got to meet Tracy from the Biggest Loser season 8. She is still at her healthy weight and is actually teaching aerobics now! Talk about a total life makeover.

[Source]

Update on Half-Marathon Training: Last week, I was pretty sick and only ran one time. I did a five mile run on Monday, but after that I could barely teach my normal classes without my head feeling like it was going to explode. But now I'm back on track! I did a 3 mile run this morning, and it felt great! I keep waiting for the dreaded shin splints to rear their ugly head. Knock on wood! They usually start on the inside of my shin near my ankle.  Before I began training, I bought a new pair of asics gel kayano tennis shoes. They are designed for people with flat feet (mine look more like pancakes than feet) and who over pronate. They really have changed the way my lower body feels when I run. Hopefully, they are the solution I have been looking for!
[Source]

Update on September Health Goals: Have you been keeping up with your three strength training sessions per week? This goal I have succeeded in accomplishing, however my quite time isn't going as well. Every time I try to sit down to relax, I start to think of all of the things I need to do. Let's just call it a work in progress!

[Source]


Food for thought:
Do you have a favorite pair of shoes you just couldn't not run without?
How are your September Health Goals going?

Yours truly,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Catching Up & The Biggest Loser”

  1. lauren!! I almost laughed out loud when i saw what shoes you just bought. I ordered the same pair!!! Didn't we buy the same running shoes within like a week of each other last time??? Great over-pronators think alike!! =) I miss you around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gretch! That is hilarious, great minds must think alike! You are really going to love them. They have seriously changed my life. Eric did a ton of research for me online, and they are suppose to be the best for us over-pronators! Miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you met Tracy! How exciting. I'm so excited biggest loser is back on again. Feel free to chat with me about the happenings. I try to in my classes but apparently others don't find it as amazing as me! Miss you LEG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this show too! When I see how hard those guys work it makes me stop being such a baby and work harder myself.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.