Five Things You Will Find In My Kitchen At All Times!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Good Morning!

We have been in our new house for exactly one week now! It feels amazing to finally have all of the boxes unpacked, pictures hung up, and kitchen stuff put away. Speaking of the kitchen, I wanted to share with you the five things I must have in my kitchen at all times. These are my "staples," if you will.

I am absolutely obsessed with cinnamon at the moment. I put it on or in everything; my coffee, Greek yogurt, cinnamon toast, and mmmm bread pudding! Research shows that cinnamon can help curb fatigue, ease frustration, and increase alertness. Not to mention it is loaded with good for you antioxidants!
I know Greek Yogurt has been around the health food scene for quite a while now, but I still absolutely love it! My favorite snack is a green apple with Greek yogurt and peanut butter dip. Greek yogurt is much higher in protein and lower in sugar than your regular yogurt. An Oikos single serving cup has just 80 calories, 0g fat, 6g carbohydrates, 6g sugar, 15g protein, and 20% of your daily value of Calcium.

I made the switch from skim milk to soy milk about a year ago, and I am never going back! I don't have anything against Old Bessy, but there is nothing more delicious than a cold glass of Silk Light soy milk. It tastes delicious on its own, and works great in recipes. Silk is slightly sweeter than regular milk, so it gives your creations a little something extra! One 8oz serving of Silk has only 70 calories, 2 g fat, 8g carbohydrates, 6g sugar, 6g protein, 30% of your daily value of Calcium and Vitamin D, and 50% of your DV of Vitamin B12. Talk about a good way to jump start your morning!
My newest obsession is Lipton Diet Green Tea. In my quest to cut out diet coke, this drink has become my best friend. It is the perfect drink for summer: cool, crisp, and delicious! This tasty beverage is also pretty good for you. One bottle has zero calories, 0g fat, 0g carbohydrates, 0g sugar, 100% of your DV of vitamin C, 122mg flavanoids antioxidants, and 24mg caffeine.


Last but not least, I am absolutely in love with these cute little pink measuring bowls. They are perfect for measuring out ingredients, storing leftovers, or scrambling up egg whites. There are four different size bowls: 4 cups, 3 cups, 2 cups, and 1 cup. Did I mention they were pink? Enough said!

Food For Thought?
Are there any products you must have in your kitchen at all times? If so, what are they and why do you love them?

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

Yours truly,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
3 Comments »

3 Responses to “Five Things You Will Find In My Kitchen At All Times!”

  1. Lauren,

    I am TOTALLY with you on the soy milk. Have you tried the Light Chocolate Silk? Also, they make Silk Coffee Creamer, it is so yum! My cousin is a vegan, and while I dream of adapting to that lifestyle it will never happen. But I do steal many good tips from her like this one!!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    I have tried Light chocolate Silk, but I wasn't that big of a fan. I have never really loved chocolate milk, so that is probably why. The creamer sounds amazing though, I will definitely have to give that a try! I am trying to incorporate more vegan dishes into my diet as well. Let me know if you find any good ones and I will do the same!

    -Lauren G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used cinnamon in such a long time...thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.